Our Management and Leadership training is practical and efficient and enhances the capabilities of a team or individual in any situation, we are equally comfortable running these programs in the class room, the board room or the mountains.
Fundamental to our our leadership program is to understand the difference between Management and Leadership, so often these are crossed over and not fully understood. Professor John P Kotter from Harvard Business School has performed a lot of research whilst observing FTSE and Fortune 500 companies on the difference between the behaviours of Managers and Leaders.
Management and Leadership Behaviour According to Kotter.
- Seek order and consistency
- During planning and budgeting – establishes agendas, sets timetables and allocates resources.
- With relation to staffing – provides structure, job placements and defines rules and processes.
- Focuses on control and the solving of issues by taking actions to correct issues, creating solutions and defining incentives to reward good work.
- Seek change and movement
- Establishes a direction – looks at the big picture, clarifies the situation,creates a vision and determines strategies.
- With relation to people – aligns people, communicates goals, builds teams, looks for commitment.
- Focuses on motivating and inspiring people through empowerment, looking at how to satisfy unmet needs, and energising people.
Our Mountain Activity is broadly based on John Kotters 8 Steps of Change, we have adapted the process for the mountains as a mountain walk is very similar to a change program, both have objectives, ups and downs, the need for communication and team alignment and sometimes the path is not always clear and the conditions variable.
The Class Room and Board Room courses are also very similar, but alas they don’t have the same scenery or physically changes and usually no mobile signal.
Key outcomes of Core Leadership are;
- Learning to Lead, not just manage
- Team Building
- Mountain Walking
- Group Achievement
- Group Communication
- Team Alignment
Please contact us for further details.